Thursday, December 11, 2008

Kids say the funniest things

So in the last week, I have had some interesting conversations with my kids. Brayden's class has a conduct wall where there are these colored papers and when you are misbehaving you get one chance to behave or you have to change your color. Sooo anyway Brayden gets in the car from school and gives me his folder and says I forgot to color in my square for my conduct and I said oh ok, (we haven't had any issues this year), and all of a sudden he burst into tears crying and says I lied. He is crying so hard he's shaking, I'm thinking great what did he do. So I pull the car over and tell him that whatever he's done its okay and we'll fix it. He starts to talk, well whine, which is something I hate, and he says I got in trouble for playing the air guitar. Not a big deal to me, but I'm sure bothered Julie. So we go into the you have to mind adults speech, and that he's not in big trouble. He's relieved that his dad won't spank him, and the world is a better place.

On to my next story, the kids and I get home today, and Brycen took out Brianna's crayons, (that she was supposed to put away last night and colored all over the carpet in the hallway upstairs. She got a lecture and put the colors away. I came down the stairs and was cleaning up the living room and low and behold in the middle of my glass coffee table is there not a B and scribbles all over it. I look at her and ask the posing question did you color on the table?? She burst into tears and said mhm. I look at her and tell her that she isn't to color for two weeks until she learns to color on paper. She says okay and she starts to go upstairs and says to me, "I'm going to talk to God and tell Him all the bad things I did today." "How I didn't listen to my momma." I am trying not to burst into laughter, but she is serious, as soon as she gets to her room, I hear, "Dear God, I haven't been a good girl today..." I don't know what to say except its okay and I still love you.

So besides a good education, my kids have a conscience and are learning that there are consquences for their actions from this school. I LOVE IT!!!

1 comment:

Mark and Mandi said...

Love it! You have some good kiddos...ya'll are doing such a good job with them! I'm laughing so hard at the stories!