Yesterday started out like any other day, wake up at 6:30, shower, dressed, wake the kids get them ready and feed them breakfast so we can head out the door by 7:30. It was raining just a little, and it was cold, but I wasn't expecting the temps not to get out of the 30's. My friend Vance and I were talking on the phone while I was driving back and I said I wish I could take the kids up north to Kansas so they could see snow, and what happens four hours later, SNOW is falling at our house. It was so weird. We were driving home and it was sleeting before the Beltway on 290, and past it on the way it was coming down in sheets. The kids were so excited, they called Nonnie (she's in Wichita Falls, Texas visiting my Uncle) and started telling her all about the snow. By the time we got home it was still snowing so the kids got to catch a snowflake on their tongues. It stopped snowing around 6, but picked back up and started again around 7. At 8pm I woke the kids up, and took them outside and we played in the snow throwing snowballs at each other. It was wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment